Sunday , May 28 2023

A child with a herpes virus infection is barely able to eat and drink


A mother warns of kissing her daughter after a herpes infection

A thirteen-year-old girl from the UK was barely able to eat and drink after a herpes infection. The children's pain was so great that their mother used an injection to give the baby water. The girl is probably infected with a kiss.

Ten months of a baby infected with herpes

Little Lily Taylor from Sunderland was just ten months old when she contracted the contagious herpes virus. Although her mother, Katie, is not sure how her baby was infected, she still believes it happened to a family member who kissed her daughter. Now the young woman is warning other parents about the dangerous infection.

A baby with hot spots on his arm is worn
A baby from England could barely eat and drink after a herpes infection. The baby was most likely infected with the virus with a kiss from a family member. (Image: triocean /

Healing took several weeks

According to a report in the English newspaper "Mirror," the mother first noticed a single red spot on her daughter's chin.

When she asked a doctor, he was told to keep an eye on the stain. But two days later, more patches appeared, which caused the baby a great deal of pain.

The mother then took the baby to the hospital, where doctors quickly realized it was herpes.

It's been four weeks for Lily's mouth to heal just in time for her first birthday last June.

During this time, the girl had to endure severe pain. Her mother is now telling her story to raise awareness of herpes and prevent people from kissing their children's faces.

Two out of three people are infected with herpes viruses

According to health experts, two in three people are infected with herpetoviruses, most of them not even aware.

Viruses are often activated only by certain influences such as tightness or strong sunlight and then lead, inter alia, to cold sores on the lips and mouth mucosa.

Special care is needed for some people. Cold sores should be very careful when in contact with small children. Because even a kiss from them can end up deadly for babies, as an older case from the United States has shown.

Mother thought complaints could relate to teething

For Lily of England, too, the virus became dangerous. "If she was a little younger, she could have killed her – she was so sick and in pain," her mother said.

The former health care doctor explained how it all started. At first she thought the red spot on her daughter's chin may be related to teething.

But on the second day when she looked worse, she went to see a doctor who recommended a soothing gel for the gums and said it was a viral infection.

On the third day, Lily woke up with many spots in and around her mouth. She felt so bad that I went straight to the hospital and learned it was herpes, "says Ms. Taylor.

A baby could hardly eat because of pain

"I couldn't believe it, I always packed Lily in cotton wool because I lost a baby to her and didn't want her to ever get hurt."

Although the mother is not sure how her daughter became infected, she said: "She had been on a family trip the weekend before, and I know some members are suffering from colds."

It is clear that the virus already exists before cold sores appear, so the person who kissed her probably didn't notice it until a few days later.

"It took a month to get her skin back and although it wasn't my fault, I was ashamed of myself because people looked at me as though I was neglecting her," the young woman said.

"She hardly ate because it was too painful and I had to use an injection to give her water. It was terrible to see her suffering from the pain."

Do not kiss children with herpes

"She will remain susceptible to cold sores for the rest of her life."

The mother is now calling on people suffering from herpes not to kiss children to prevent this in the future.

"It's hard to figure out who did it, but I'll be careful who kisses her, because I'd hate it if it happened again." (Ad)


  • Mirror: Baby left unable to eat or drink after receiving herpes virus "kiss of death", (Available on August 12, 1919), Mirror

Source link