– You are a painful doctor, but your little patients forget the pain in the first minutes of your advice. Does your love for your work say that our children do not respect, although the health statistics say differently?
– The statistics based on the numbers that we have in Lithuania, in terms of child diseases, are really larger than in western countries. This is mainly due to the fact that our children suffer more injuries than western people. Perhaps our children are more active, but the most important cause of trauma, I think there is a lack of the prevention of injuries. After all, we have just been forced to wear clothes, wear a helmet, before cycling, carrying a helmet and protection required by those on the roll boxes. If the kindergarten or school is not near a high street, you do not need to cross it and the wounds will be less. If the water body is locked up – the child will not dive. In general, if children are careful to care, they will suffer less injuries. Why do we wear so little children who do not often go? Due to insufficient care. If there is a key on the table cloth, the child will not stop it and will not pour it in hot drink. If the parents are forced not to leave children of less than twelve home alone, they will not pass through the balcony, otherwise there will be no other disasters.
– How to preserve and strengthen children's health?
– The main condition that determines the health of our children and ours is the way of life. Children have more time to spend in the fresh air, to be physically active every day for at least one hour a day with moderate or intense exercise, paying more attention to food, spending less time by phone, computer and other intelligent devices. A healthy lifestyle is a cause of not only bone and muscular systems, but also vision, respiratory systems, diabetes, overweight.
If there is a key on the table cloth, the child will not stop it and will not pour it in hot drink.
– You are dealing with orthopedic diseases. Why do they have children?
– The causes of all and not all of the orthopedic diseases are still not too investigated. It is known that some diseases, even endocrine diseases, are genetic, unknown. Some are caused by various neurological problems, infectious diseases exceed a child or mother during pregnancy. These are the root roots of congenital or orthopedic diseases that cause incapacity.
– The most commonly diagnosed orthodontic disease in children is scoliosis?
– Very often, post-disorders are diagnosed, not scoliosis. These are very different things. Scoliosis is a rare disease, with only 0.5% of the disease. of all children. The spinal cord does not work due to an irregular position.
– But did she curse every second child?
– It is not true. The diseases of the stomach are ages related to physiological age. We value the stability in some stages: newborn, one, two, three, etc. Until the bones grow up.
Irregular position can be congenital when the grandfather, son and grandson – all three are equally elevated. This is determined by the hereditary constitutional type. Occupation can always be corrected by therapeutic exercise, swimming in a pond, increasing physical activity, strengthening self-control.
– What problems do you face without doing so?
– Regular irregular position can result in tired muscles, spastic pain and yap during the years, in old age. It's important to stay right. It also serves furniture that matches the height of the child. Still, the position is an individual feature.
Trainers, to get the best results, press children as lemons, and the load and rehabilitation mode are not appropriate.
– So this is not the greatest health problem?
– The most difficult are those patients with a condition related to survival. The greatest risk is many traumas, oncological diseases, acute infections. These diseases affect the bones, bonds and soft fabrics. Causes may be genetic, the infection can be developed after trauma due to blood pollution, streptococcus or other bacteria, dangerous viruses. These infectious diseases can dramatically damage the hostile arts, otherwise complicate.
– And now, more and more children are more typical of adult diseases?
– Now the category of children includes young people under the age of eighteen years, so taking out the joints is possible. This usually affects professional athletes.
In the past, there were two patient categories: children and adults. Now the third party – the athletes appear. Sports adolescents are already teenagers. How to deal with them This is a difficult question, a dilemma. Athletes experience stressful tension fractures. The tension, overload, increasing child is psychologically harmful. Trainers, to get the best out of play, press children as lemons, while the exercise and rehabilitation mode are not appropriate. For sports children, as well as for security professionals, exercise, nutrition and health services must be adjusted. Sports children represent a school, district, city, Lithuania, and who represents their health?
– Sports and health are no longer synonymous?
– Medical science makes miracles. In the orthopedic and traumatology of children?
– Science is always progressing, in orthopedics and in other fields. There are no special innovations in children of orthopedics, but we are pleased to use the nail, dishes of the new design. All this is made of higher quality metal, which is less allergic and does not cause a rejection. There are some techniques for restoring common surfaces, empty systems help to cure wounds faster.
University Hospitals is trying to have everything that is the newest and most perfect. Treatment in Kaunas and Vilnius remedies performs western hospitals. It may not be enough for rare cases, a little harmful to the inert financial system, long-term running public offers, but generally Lithuanian medicine moves in the right direction with the world's most advanced countries. It also shows the number of people who want to study medicine in our country, because it is a high level, recognized and considered throughout the world.
– Takso? Do you think the work of you and your colleagues quite suggest?
– Salary for work is another matter. Yes, this is a valuation, and that it is appropriate, sought by the Lithuanian Medical Union, long-term agreements have been completed to increase salaries, have signed a branch agreement. The state is committed to raising the pay of doctors, and it is important for doctors to survive once and attend a conference to leave the workshop for further development. You do not need to run from one workplace to another. Nobody wants to go to a highly trained physician. With regard to reward for work, I do not want to overscribe doctors, but we must focus on how it is in the world. Everywhere education and medicine are priority areas, and invalid workers often earn more than doctors.
– Do you run from one workshop to another?
– This means: "Make your hobbies and you will never have to work." Perhaps there is no ethical work for a doctor to call hobbies, but while laughing, I dare say so. So I'm running.
Nobody wants to go to a highly trained physician. With regard to reward for work, I do not want to overscribe doctors, but we must focus on how it is in the world.
– Do you think that education and medicine will ever be evaluated in Lithuania?
– I am optimistic, we've been weeping too much about us. I see everything goes on, things improve. See how it was and does not want to go back. At last we only lead from the post-Soviet society. The patient can not recover if, for 50 years, two or three generations have been artificially protected. Our generation has done a lot by replacing what seems indispensable. It would be very desirable to believe that the young generation of today, beginning with itself, by its own example and with good works, will infect others and change the face of the despised Lithuania. Many of my students, like my daughters, are really different, they think differently.
When you ask me how I live, I always say that I live well. I am basically optimistic.
– Have you ever thought about migration?
– no. We have to build Lithuania here. Yes, I'm patriotic. Do you know what the happy formula is? When you want to go from work to home, and from home – to work. Work and family are two main issues, the family is the most important, without its support, it does not reach victories either in science or in work.
– What was your subject about a scientific work?
– Hematopoyta tactics superficial cracking is a new method for repairing these fists. It is safer for neurological complications.
– You wanted to become a teacher?
– A bad soldier who does not want to be general. If you go to the world of science, you do not have to sit down, you naturally look higher, more. And when you get to, you have learned a lot, become mature as a doctor, it is a desire to share this experience. While working at a university hospital, students can do all this.
– You are not the only family doctor?
– The wife is a public health specialist, now she is studying at the Vytautas Magnus University. One of the daughters is a student of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, the oldest has discovered good non-medical activities in the United Kingdom. Especially, my only aunt, a doctor, who may have been indirectly, but also influenced my choice with my personal example.
– Are sick and sick people often talking at home?
– Efforts must be made to develop strength in these issues when the work has finished. If you are thinking of patients daily and daily – it will be bad. In some Western countries, six weeks of intense work, it is suggested to stay for a week. Find the place where you can not think about the work. Do not need so many physical psychological remains.
– Did you find that place?
– Yes, in the most beautiful corner of Neringa, Pervalka, where we will try to spend time with the family all the time of work for free of all seasons. Here we can notice other hobbies: mushrooming, ambro, long walks along the coast, meeting with friends.