Saturday , April 1 2023

I have never claimed medical treatment for alleged rape


Heng Seai Kie, president of MCA Wanita, is fully prepared to cooperate in a police inquiry into Facebook page who alleged that the police had missed medical reports linked to an ongoing investigation into an alleged rape involving Perak executive councilor Paul Yong.

Heng also stressed that she herself never claimed that the reports were missing.

"On July 27 and 29, I issued a press release in Chinese, Bahasa Melayu and English, to give my point of view on the subject whereby the report inquiry was returned because the medical and legal reports were not linked.

"This was in line with media reports back then; where the police and forensics reports were not adhered to by the police when they submitted the investigative documents to the prosecutor's office, which led to the investigative report," she said in a statement today.

"In that statement, I also mentioned that it was" outrageous ", that such delays would further suspend the trial process, and so if so, prompted Perak Police Chief Razarudin Husain "Give a proper account and apologize to the victim and the public."

Heng emphasized that she expressed the same view in the statements of all three languages.

"No mention of the medical report and medical report was ever lost," she said.

"Besides, the party being investigated is not me, but the Facebook page of Malaysia's Tolak DAP who posted the allegations. However, since the police have asked me to assist in their investigations, I am fully prepared to cooperate," said Heng.

She said that the public should continue from this episode and continue to monitor the conduct of the police in the investigation.

"As the alleged rape of a scarce servant by a power politician is in the public interest, the Perak police must provide regular updates on their investigations with a view to transparency, checks and balances," said Heng.

Yong is accused of sexually assaulting his Indonesian homeworker. Tronoh's assembly denied the allegation.

The former showed up at the Jelapang police station on July 9 to facilitate investigations and was briefly detained. He was later released on police.

He continued to serve in the office as the Perak ex-incumbent on housing, local government, public transport, non-Muslim affairs and new villages.

However, Perak Menteri Besar Ahmad Faizal Azumu said Yong's decision-making capabilities were limited to the end of police investigations.

Source link