Thursday , January 21 2021

4 babies in Texas have botulism, why you should never give babies honey pacifiers




<div _ngcontent-c14 = "" innerhtml = "

Do not let anyone younger than one year old honey. (Photo: Getty Images)Getty

Lots of news sucking this week. On the courts, I mean two news items, because let's face it, pacifiers are not exactly the stalks when it comes to getting media attention.

I've already written about one piece of news sucker Forbes, A study that examines the potential impact of pacifying parents sucking their baby clean. News and other pacifiers? On Friday, & nbsp;Department of Health of the State of Texas announced& nbsp; 4 babies in the country were hospitalized for botulism after each of them used the & nbsp;Honey containing pacifiers purchased in Mexico. These patients were between mid-August and late October. The cases were also requested The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to re-emphasize Because you do not have to feed a baby boy before he or she reaches at least one year of age. & nbsp;

Why can not you feed your little honey a little honey? Honey may contain spores of bacteria called & nbsp;Clostridium botulinum. & Nbsp;This bacterium can secrete a neurotoxin called toxin botulinum, which can & nbsp;Block nerve cells from the release of a neurotransmitter called & nbsp;Acetylcholine and therefore muscle paralysis.

Does this poison sound familiar? Yes it is Botox. Its muscles paralyzing the effects Why Botox can smooth out your wrinkles and leave you with what looks like a surprised look all the time. Of course, Botox treatments usually involve only a small dose of injected toxin to very specific places.

In contrast, botulism results when enough toxin ends in your intestines and then spreads to other parts of your body, paralyzing the muscles that you normally use to move and breathe. Because of this botulism can be life threatening. And that's why typical early symptoms are difficulty seeing, moving, breathing, swallowing, talking, or crying if you are a baby or you usually cry often.

So, never tell someone you have botulism when you meant to treat Botox and vice versa. Botulism is a medical emergency and life-threatening. If you suspect you have botulism, contact your doctor immediately so you can get antitoxin as soon as possible.

So why is it okay for you to eat honey, assuming you are not a chronological baby? You probably have other bacteria in your gut that can crowd out & nbsp;Clostridium botulinum And prevent it from producing and producing a toxin. When babies are born, they do not have the same bacteria. That's why your pot stinks and theirs is not. In other words, young babies from one are the only ones who can really say that their gums do not stink. In the end, as babies age and get exposure to food, different people, things around, their microbial, or bacterial cities in their intestines, grow.

This does not mean you can not get botulism. If, for example, you eat food and a can in which & nbsp;Clostridium botulinum& nbsp;Already recovers and produces the toxin, you can get botulism and reduce this type. & nbsp; It just means that your old, stinking gut can probably treat honey that contains a few & nbsp;Clostridium botulinum Spores. & nbsp;& nbsp;& nbsp;

Therefore, remember that "baby honey" is probably fine if it is "one year honey or an older child." But baby honey? It is not.

">

Do not let anyone younger than one year old honey. (Photo: Getty Images)Getty

Lots of news sucking this week. By far, I mean two news items that let's face it, pacifiers are not exactly Kardashians when it comes to getting media attention.

I've already written about one piece of news sucker Forbes, A study that examines the potential impact of pacifying parents sucking their baby clean. News and other pacifiers? On Friday, the Department of Health of the State of Texas announced that 4 babies in the country were hospitalized for botulism after each use Honey containing pacifiers purchased in Mexico. These patients were between mid-August and late October. The cases also prompted the Food and Drug Administration to emphasize that a child should never be fed a honey before he reaches the age of at least one year.

Why can not you feed your little honey a little honey? The honey may contain spores of bacteria called Clostridium botulinum. This bacterium can secrete a neurotoxin called botulinum toxin, which can Block nerve cells from neurotransmitter release Acetylcholine and therefore muscle paralysis.

Does this poison sound familiar? Yes it is Botox. Its muscles paralyzing the effects Why Botox can smooth out your wrinkles and leave you with what looks like a surprised look all the time. Of course, Botox treatments usually involve only a small dose of injected toxin to very specific places.

In contrast, botulism results when enough toxin ends in your intestines and then spreads to other parts of your body, paralyzing the muscles that you normally use to move and breathe. Because of this botulism can be life threatening. And that's why typical early symptoms are difficulty seeing, moving, breathing, swallowing, talking, or crying if you are a baby or you usually cry often.

So, never tell someone you have botulism when you meant to treat Botox and vice versa. Botulism is a medical emergency and life-threatening. If you suspect you have botulism, contact your doctor immediately so that you can get antitoxin as soon as possible.

So why is it okay for you to eat honey, assuming you are not a chronological baby? Most likely you have other bacteria in your gut that can crowd out Clostridium botulinum And prevent it from producing and producing a toxin. When babies are born, they do not have the same bacteria. That's why your pot stinks and theirs is not. In other words, young babies from one are the only ones who can really say that their gums do not stink. In the end, as babies age and get exposure to food, different people, things around, their microbial, or bacterial cities in their intestines, grow.

This does not mean you can not get botulism. If, for example, you eat food and can there Clostridium botulinum Already already reproduced and produced the toxin, you can get such botulism can. This only means that your older intestines and stink can probably handle the honey that happens to contain some Clostridium botulinum Spores.

Therefore, remember that "honey kid" is probably fine if it is "one year honey or an adult child." But baby honey? It is not.


Source link